Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge

So I was challenged to do the Ice Bucket Challenge earlier in the week but couldn't do it due to tryouts and poor lighting conditions. So I did it today after work.

I encourage everyone to look into what the ALS Association is doing to help improve the quality of life for people who are diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. I've heard some people try to take the moment away from the effort because of how little is known about the disease, it's non mainstream-ness, or whatever reason they can think of, but if you look into what this does to people, families, and communities, then you'll understand why this is so important to those people and the ALSA. Get Yo' Learn On!


I issued a general challenge to look into the disease, but I nominated a few friends and my sister to take the challenge complete with ice bucket. Their rules are as follows:

 - Donate some money regardless of whether you actually soak yourself. These people really do need some kind of hope and I feel it's entirely long overdue. I know we may not have the finances for a big donation, but any bit helps.
 - I'm not going to limit you to 24 hours. I know you all have lives and schedules, just try to do it soon and spread the hope.

Without further ado - my #IceBucketChallenge!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment