Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Recap - Part One

So, work hit a whirlwind, and my personal life's been somewhat of a mess, which has led me to fall behind yet again in posts.  My plan is to get you all up to date by the end of the weekend, but I make no promises as I still have more games and tryouts to attend this weekend.

After taking a week to build on the success we've been having this season, we entered into the third Fall Classic One Day Shootout tournament of the season.  Two new teams showed up to this one, and they along with the CrossRoads squad, met defeat at the hands of my team's intense defense.  It was pretty bad at times, I recall going into a half time break up 34-11.  But it gave my bench plenty of time on the floor, which I'm sure will prove valuable towards the end of the season.  I did have to miss the championship game of the tournament because I had to hold a tryout for my Winter Travel Team. 

The tryout went well, and that team is looking like it will be a fairly good, well-rounded team, with a bit of height to go with it.  Not the fastest group I've coached, but I think we've got enough speed to not have that be a glaring weakness.  Nothing really prepares you for having 16 kids tryout though.  While it's great to have that kind of turnout, it stinks because that means you have to make six phone calls that no one wants to get.  I managed to barrel through all those calls and we should be ready to get that team going pretty soon.

I'd write a little more, but the site has added some new stuff to play with that I want to try out before it gets too late.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a mobile version of my blog up so you can read it anywhere!!

No comments:

Post a Comment