Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Needed to take a Full Timeout...

I know it's been a while since the last post, and I think the break did some good and bad things for my mental state. We'll get to that shortly.

The spring season ended, and we only won 5 games, and three of them happened to be against 5th graders, so I'm still not really sure that should count.  On one hand, it was technically a win and I did absolutely nothing wrong in terms of the rules. On the other hand, one year makes a huge difference on the court at this age group.  Between commitment issues - I'll never take that many baseball players on a team ever again - and a lack of desire and heart, the team was honestly a mess towards the end of the season.  I think the kids ultimately gave up on themselves, and I had to fight it a lot towards the end of the season.  Fall is starting up soon, which tends to produce a bit more talent and commitment, so I'm hoping for a much better result.

Some of the reason for my absence was just simply the result of too much going on at once.  Between a new role at work, a new apartment, coaching, and the odds and ends of everyday life just didn't leave much time for blogging.  I had to make a strategic choice, and unfortunately the blog drew the short straw.  But that also made me decide on a new approach to my blog.  Yeah, it's a basketball blog, so it should be about basketball.  But, it's about my coaching career, and to say that some of the other things I have going on in life don't help shape, in some form, my coaching career would just be ridiculous. As a result, I'll throw in a tidbit of what else is going on off the hardwood.  Who knows, maybe just typing it out will allow me the outlet to clear my head rather than making a mistake during a critical moment in a game because my head is all clouded. 

Be on the lookout, I just got my text message that tryouts are coming up soon.  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment